!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Chilla & Ghazipur borders closed
Chilla & Ghazipur borders are closed for traffic coming from Noida & Ghaziabad to Delhi because of farmer protests. Please take an alternate route for coming to Delhi via Anand Vihar, DND, Bhopra & Loni borders: Delhi Traffic Police
Delhi: Fog engulfs parts of the national capital
India Meteorological Department (IMD) forecasts minimum temperature of 10 degrees Celsius in Delhi for today.
Indonesian rescuers have pulled out body parts, pieces of clothing and scraps of metal from the Java Sea, a day after a Boeing 737-500 with 62 people on board crashed shortly after takeoff from Jakarta.
Will Rajinikanth reconsider?
Tamil Nadu: Chennai Police permit members of Rajinikanth’s fan club to stage a demonstration at Valluvar Kottam today to request the actor for taking back his decision not to enter politics.
Massive blackout in Pakistan
- Several cities and towns across Pakistan plunged into darkness late on Saturday night following a huge blackout due to a fault in the power distribution system, according to media reports.
- The power outage was reported shortly before midnight almost simultaneously in many cities. Residents of Karachi, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Islamabad, Multan and others faced the blackout, the reports stated.
- Islamabad Deputy Commissioner Hamza Shafqaat tweeted that the National Transmission Despatch Company’s lines have tripped, causing outage. “It will take sometime before everything gets back to normal,” he added.
Control centre fire shuts down half Mexico City subway lines
- A fire in the control centre of the Mexico City subway killed one woman and sent 32 others to the hospital, while knocking out service on half of the subway lines in the city of nine million inhabitants.
- Prior to the pandemic, which caused a steep drop in ridership, the Metro system carried over 130 million passengers each month.
- The smoky fire hit the control centre building in downtown Mexico City early on Saturday, and while it was brought under control, six of the subway’s 12 lines remained out of service late Saturday.
US, UK, Australia, Canada jointly condemn mass arrests of politicians in Hong Kong
- US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo, along with foreign ministers of Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom on Saturday (local time) expressed serious concern on the mass arrests of 55 politicians and activists in Hong Kong, and called on Chinese authorities to respect the legal rights and freedoms of people in the region.
- In a joint statement, the four officials said: “We, the Foreign Ministers of Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom, and the United States Secretary of State, underscore our serious concern at the mass arrests of 55 politicians and activists in Hong Kong for subversion under the National Security Law.”
Ludhiana STF arrests 3 with 450 grams of heroin
The Special Task Force (STF) of Punjab’s Ludhiana on Saturday arrested three persons after recovering 450 grams of heroin from their possession. An investigation has been initiated.
15 child labourers rescued in Telangana
- As many as 15 children who were working at Plaster of Paris companies and a liquor bottle cleaning unit at Kalanagar and Pasumamula village in Hayathnagar were rescued by the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit (AHTU) in Telangana’s Rangareddy district on Friday, police said.
- An accused Channabathina Ravi (30) of Shiva Traders, who employed the children, has been arrested by police while two others have escaped.