Launched in 2016, the Worldwide Affairs Fellowship (IAF) in Canada, sponsored by Energy Corporation of Canada, seeks to fortify mutual knowledge and cooperation between climbing generations of leaders and thinkers in the United States and Canada. The program offers for 1 to two mid-occupation professionals per calendar year to spend 6 to twelve months hosted by a Canadian institution to deepen their knowledge of Canada. Fellows are drawn from academia, business enterprise, federal government, media, NGOs, and believe tanks. CFR will function with its network of contacts to help the fellows in locating ideal host organizations in Canada. CFR can’t guarantee placement at any unique company or corporation.
- Applicants ought to be U.S. citizens.
- Candidates will have to be mid-profession pros.
- Candidates will have to have a strong document of professional achievement.
- Applicants have to have a shown motivation to a occupation in international coverage and have an interest in U.S.-Canada relations.
- Candidates need to keep at least a bachelor’s diploma.
The period of the fellowship is amongst six and twelve months. The application awards a stipend of $95,000 for a interval of twelve months as very well as a modest journey allowance. Fellows are regarded unbiased contractors somewhat than staff members of CFR and are not suitable for work positive aspects, which includes overall health insurance policy.
Please take note that 2021-2022 fellowship range will be contingent on health circumstances making it possible for journey to, and residence in, the host state.
Collection as an IAF in Canada is based mostly on a combination of the pursuing requirements:
- scholarly skills
- expert working experience
- firm grounding in overseas coverage
- merits and feasibility of a challenge proposal that relates to U.S.-Canada relations
- character and individual qualities conducive to endorsing cross-cultural interaction and cooperation
The collection system is very aggressive. Primarily based on the over-all software, the choice committee chooses one particular to two candidates to be fellows. CFR will operate with the picked fellows to position them in acceptable host companies. Placements are designed at the discretion of host companies. CFR are not able to guarantee placement at any precise agency or group.
How to Apply
Fascinated candidates who meet up with the program’s eligibility requirements can utilize on the net between July 1 and Oct 31 on an yearly foundation.
Affiliations at the time of the award
Christopher W. Bishop
International Service Officer, U.S. Office of Point out
Senior Advisor and Remarkably Capable Skilled, U.S. Air Drive
A listing of previous fellows can be observed on-line by viewing the Historical Roster of CFR’s Worldwide Affairs Fellows in Canada.
For a lot more information, remember to call: